1.10.09

.i've got sunshine on a windy day.

Yesterday and Today the wind blew around 60mph.


all day.


I'm not griping, I promise.




However, I am a wee little bit bummed about the effects of this sudden wind storm...













First........
I live in a modular home. (ie TRAILER.) When Danny and I were first dating he asked if I would ever live in a trailer. I laughed. Little did I know it was NOT a rhetorical question.

It could almost be called a right of passage in Danny's family. All couples or families starting out usually occupy one of the 4 tailors scattered about his parents ranch for a few years. And when tough times hit... many return for a few months. or years... or so. Remember, Danny is the youngest of 12. So there are always plenty of Smiths to fill them. That is why his parents property has become so lovingly referred to as (by the family, the community, pretty much everyone who's been there)


THE SMITH COMPOUND.



lots of laughs. lots of fun. and lots of drama. We honestly could have a reality show, you wouldn't believe some of my stories. Forget you, john and kate.


Needless to say after some major coaxing on Danny's part we now call trailer number 3 home sweet home. And honestly Its quite nice. Danny's dad has the inside completely redone... tile floor, nice carpeting, big kitchen. Did i mention its a double wide? (hahahaha wow , did I really just say that?)

But Danny's dad has the INSIDE completely redone.... Not the outside. And so, sadly, when you arrive on my front steps you are welcomed by the classic, grey panelling that is usually adorned with a beer drinking, wife beater wearin, curse word sayin, mullet man. So I do my best to try and make it.... pretty?














ANYWAYS BACK TO THE WIND STORM. Sorry for the tangent.















Take a gander at these beauties....

Photobucket

My beloved sunflower.









They are planted outside of my double wide.

Photobucket





along with these...

Photobucket
but these are nowhere near as fantastic as



THESE!!!!!
Photobucket
(by the way, this is a mutant SF. It has no center... WEIRD but kinda cool)



Well when 60 mph winds get ahold of my little pretties,


It's not pretty.









It was a sunflower masacre.






So now my trailer is looking.... very trailory.

Yet another thing to add to my list of why I dislike winter.


okay, I am griping.


































Photobucket

But can you really blame me?










2 comments:

Kariann + JD Leavitt said...

Oh wow that sunflower was way pretty!!!!!! You make your trailer look very homey from the outside i think!! at least there is COLOR!! my house lacks that from the outside it depresses me... :)

cassidy said...

Way cute.. I always wondered what your "house" looked like :) I can't believe you are a bonafide farm-girl. Who thought you had it in you?
Me, not so much... as to the million texts and calls Brady recieved while he was "hunting" that said "babe, please don't kill a deer! They have families!!" or "babe, I can't sleep at the thought of you killing a innocent animal" worked like a charm.. :) lol. At least he said if he did get one, he wouldn't tell me for our marriage's sake... so maybe bambi really is in his dad's freezer? I like to think not. Are you guys planning any trips here soon?? Christmas perhaps?? :)