22.9.09

.a tribute.

Well, folks.


Summer is officially over. And I'm not just saying that in regards to that horrendous weather mishap we encountered yesterday. Today is the "Autumnal Equinox"(or so my calander claims), I think Cheyenne missed that memo... because it feels more like "Winter Solstice"

Whatev.

I'm not going to gripe about it any longer, "People are as happy as they make their mind to be" Says good ol' honest Abe. And I'm going to take it to heart. I'm going to enjoy this Wintall (winter+fall, hehe) season.

But first.... For the next few posts I'm going to pay tribute to THE BEST summer of my life.
























I've always loved running. Not jogging, but running. Not sprinting, just running. A good 3 mile + run just does something to for my soul (sounds cheesy, but I'm quite serious) there's just something about that burn in your chest, the fatigued muscles forcing you to dig down to the deepest recesses of your brain for that last ounce of endurance. "just one more mile" "just one more hill." "one more curve". I've heard the endorphins your body releases after a good, hard run are the same as the ones released when your high on Ecstasy. I wouldn't know :) But I seriously feel like I could conquer the world after I'm done.




In St George I had my special little place to go for these runs... Snow Canyon State Park. GORGEOUS It was right down the road from my home in Ivins. When we were living in Salt Lake, after I had campbell, I really tried to start running again. But it just wasn't the same. And although I did it enough to lose the baby weight, I never really got to the point where I enjoyed it again. Well, after Riggs I decided to really commit to running again. I knew it would never happen If I didn't find my "special place" Luckily, I found one. Right behind my little home....



I usually try to go before the kids and Danny wake up... But little Campbell is an early riser (like his mamma) so I often left him in front of the T.V. with a Sing-a-long. That is UNTIL.........



Photobucket

This little beauty arrived. $15!!!!! Don't you love garage sales? Not only does it allow Mr. Kister to join my on my morning jaunts, It also kicks my butt!!! Literally, THE BEST BOOTY WORK OUT!


And, we're off.....

Photobucket
That's Ollie, She and Aslan LOVE the morning run....


My cheerleader...
Photobucket


My "Special Place"
Photobucket


The hilly dirt road behind the Ranch...
Photobucket






I dont know how long I will brave the chilly morn's... But Campby cannot accompany me any more :( Its just a little to nippy. We'll just have to a different morning work out for me and cam. tae bo anyone?

3 comments:

Kariann + JD Leavitt said...

those are pretty pictures at the end of this blog!! it looks like Canada there... just rolling hills of farm land.. gotta love it! :) Hope your doing GREAT GRAND WONDERFUL!! looks like you are! :)

DAVIS said...

I wish I had HALF maybe even a dash of your motivation! You look freaking great!! Our little bundle of joy isn't due to arrive until December 4th. Only like 75 more days! But, who's counting right?

Kyle & Taunie said...

Can I just say that I love your blogs! I love reading them. I can't believe how great you look! two kids later... You look the same!! I didn't know you lived in Wyoming! Do you like it there?