2.5.10

.birthdays and unbirthdays.

Photobucket


This is a birthday post.
(Where did i find a shirt profiling riggdon as a self portrait? Wal-Mart, of course.)






For Riggdon's first birthday I asked Danny what kind of cake I should make.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

He insisted that Riggdons favorite cake was angel food cake with cherry frosting.



funny how that's Danny's favorite cake as well....

PhotobucketPhotobucket





he didn't like the candle.





PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Just for future reference... Riggdon, you can blame daddy for a pink birthday cake :)







YAY! TOYS!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Happy birthday RIGGY!



Now, for this next chapter....



I have a confession.

I contemplated lying to the world about this next bit.
I seriously thought about it.






but.... its Sunday. And I just received much spiritual enlightenment at my stake conference. And I would feel guilty forever.




so..............


These pictures are not from February.
I did not throw a party for my eldest son on his birthday,
February 5. I have not been meaning to post these pictures for over 3 months.




In fact I was planning on letting it go this year.


On Campbell's real birthday, we opened a few presents and whatnot.

whatnot meaning we opened 4 presents from his grandparents.
no cake.
no candles.
no "happy birthday to you"


you see, a lot of.......life was happening.
life has a tendency of doing that, ya know...
happening.


And I kept telling myself I'd throw his party next weekend.
and next weekend got pushed to the next.
and the next.
and the next.






until suddenly it was the end of March and i decided we would just do something FABULOUS for his third birthday.




And then Campbell learned his first song.

"happy birthday to you"
I don't know where he learned it. I don't know when. but he started singing it ALLLLLL the time.


And every time we sang to a cousin at Sunday dinner (which is practically every Sunday with 50 some odd grand kids) he'd look up at me and ask "My birthday?" and my heart would break.


"no, honey. not your birthday."



SO i decided it wasn't too late.
I threw Campbell a party.




in April.



an Unbirthday party.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

We opened presents....

Photobucket

He got his very own ELMO.
(notice the "back off, he's mine" glare.)





And mommy baked a special cake....

Photobucket



He kinda liked it.








This is CJ's "Smile for the camera!"


Photobucket










Happy Birthday, boys!



Mommy loves you.

4 comments:

The Judkins said...

oh marcie I cant wait to see you so sad it got pushed back! our boys are going to have so much fun together. Happy birthday to both boys and I decided to not ship the present because I lost your address and I thought you would be here by now :(

The Little's said...

I can't even tell you how many times growing up that we had birthdays MONTHS late...in fact, my sister just celebrated her daughter's birthday today...it was really in April. No big deal...as long and they know you love them (and they do) you're fine. Good job, mom! Sure love you!!

The Carter Family said...

Such cute boys you have!!! And you look great!!! Such fun birthday celebrations you had, it doesn't matter if one was a little late! it's the thought that counts!!! :) Love to see you blogging again!!!

Adri and Kaleb said...

Your cakes (especially big bird) look amazing! You pulled it off. That's what mothers do...pill it off and make it look imtentional!